E-Learning with MEWA
Metro East Web Academy, an Oregon based online high school, requires all affiliated programs abide by the Department of Education’s state graduation requirements. Metro East Web Academy delivers an individualized, comprehensive education that will lead you to a state of Oregon high school diploma.
- Challenging courses, matched to your individual interests and abilities.
- Opportunities to repeat and review difficult lessons at any time.
- Unlike other online schools, we offer you the opportunity to have face-to-face instruction with our highly qualified teachers, take field trips, participate in Web Academy clubs, take one elective class (as space allows) and participate on sports teams at your local district school. So as a Metro East Web Academy student, you learn at home and can still interact with peers and teachers as often as you would like.
- Metro East Web Academy is enrolling students in grades 6-12 in for the 2013-2014 school year. Seniors can earn an Oregon High School diploma allowing students to earn an Oregon high school diploma.
- Metro East Web Academy is adding extended opportunities for college-level coursework through our MEECA Program.
- Metro East Web Academy now also offers a General Educational Development (GED) Program. This program is available to qualifying individuals between the ages of 16 and 20. Our GED webpage is under development, but once it’s ready you can view it here.
Academy teachers collaborate with MEWA staff to ensure that students comprehend all course material. Students work with accredited specialists and Keystone’s fully licensed teachers in humanities, language arts, mathematics and science.
Windells Academy allows for an individualized academic model for each student. Parents can access and follow their students progress in real-time and our academic director communicates with parents regularly to discuss performance.
Our immersive action sports education program allows students to develop independence, collaborate with their peers on projects, and find support from our teachers and MEWA’s academic staff.